Finlayson Canal
Finlayson Canal, also referred to as the “Finlayson Channel”, is located on the west side of Roderick Island, British Columbia and extends north from Milbanke Sound. Captain Charles Dodd who served on the steamer Beaver (1845), named the canal. Dodd named it after Roderick Finlayson who was an employee of the Hudson's Bay Company and described as one of the company's most trusted servants.1
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Dodd, Charles

Finlayson, Roderick

Organizations in this document

Hudson's Bay Company

Vessels in this document

Beaver, 1835-1888

Places in this document

British Columbia

Milbanke Sound

The Colonial Despatches Team. Finlayson Canal. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/finlayson_canal.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)