Fort Berens
Fort Berens was located on the eastern bank of the Fraser River, across from and a little north of Lillooet. The HBC began construction of Fort Berens in February of 1859, but by July of the same year, and before anything of significance was built, construction was halted and the site dismantled.1 The now-defunct site took its name from Henry Hulse Berens.2
  • 1. Bruce Ramsey, Ghost Towns of British Columbia (Vancouver: Mitchell Press, 1963), 27.
  • 2. Fort Berens, BC Geographical Names Information System.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Berens, Henry Hulse

Places in this document

Fraser River

Lillooet

The Colonial Despatches Team. Fort Berens. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/fort_berens.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)