Fort Carlton
Fort Carlton is located on the southern branch of the North Saskatchewan River, near the town of Duck Lake, Saskatchewan. The HBC ran a fur-trade and provisions post there from 1810-1882.1 This was its third such post: the former two were built nearby in 1795 and 1804, respectively, but abandoned in favour of the present site, which is now a provincial historic site.2
  • 1. Robert S. Allen, Fort Carlton, The Canadian Encyclopedia.
  • 2. Ibid.
Mentions of this place in the documents
Places in this document

Saskatchewan River

The Colonial Despatches Team. Fort Carlton. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/fort_carlton.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)