Hawkesbury Island
Hawkesbury Island lies south of Kitimat on the eastern side of the Douglas Channel.1 The island was named by Vancouver after Jenkinson, the Baron of Hawkesbury.2 The islands surrounding Hawkesbury were initially thought to be joined to it.3
  • 1. Andrew Scott, Hawkesbury Island, Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names.
  • 2. Ibid.
  • 3. Ibid.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Jenkinson, Charles Cecil Cope

Vancouver, George

Places in this document

Douglas Channel

Kitimat

The Colonial Despatches Team. Hawkesbury Island. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/hawkesbury_island.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)