Ke-que-loose is the name of an Indigenous village located in interior British Columbia. According to a despatch between Governor Douglas and Lord Stanley, the Similk-ameen trail leads to Tqua-yowm, a populous village located approximately 10 kilometers above Ke-que-loose at the mouth of Anderson's River.1 The old Indigenous village of Ke-que-loose was located on the east side of the Fraser River, off of the old Alexandra Bridge. Alexander Caulfield Anderson reached Ke-que-loose on 4 June 1847 during a mapping expedition.2 On Anderson's “1848 Brigade Trail” to Kamloops, they avoided the Black Canyon and other horrors by heading northeast towards Ke-que-loose. Today this area is designated as Chapman's Bar IR10.3
Mentions of this place in the documents