Arrow Lakes
The upper and lower Arrow Lakes are widenings of the Columbia River between modern-day Castlegar and Revelstoke, and may have made useful landmarks in navigating the river. The lakes were named “Arrow Lake upper/lower” on John Arrowsmith's 1832 map British North America. Earlier names for the lakes included “Cutsamin” or “Earbobs” Lake, as indicated on R.H Laurie's 1832 map Fredonia or the United-States of North America.1
The Geographic Board of Canada formally adopted the name 30 June 1900.2
Information is not yet available for this place.
Mentions of this place in the documents
The Colonial Despatches Team. Arrow Lakes. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/arrow_lakes.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)