Cape of Good Hope
This rocky, storm-lashed cape lies at the end of Cape Penninsula, South Africa. It was renamed by the Portuguese, from its original name, Cape of Storms, to Good Hope, as its discovery provided a good omen for the possibility that India could be reached by sea from Europe.1
Mentions of this place in the documents
The Colonial Despatches Team. Cape of Good Hope. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/cape_good_hope.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)