D'Arcy
According to BCGNIS, the town of D'Arcy occupies what once was the site of Port Anderson, at the south end of Anderson Lake.1
According to this despatch, during its time as Port Anderson, the site belonged to the district under jurisdiction of Stipendiary Magistrate Gaggin—a district that stretched from Carnarvon to Port Anderson.
  • 1. D'Arcy, BC Geographical Names Information System.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Gaggin, John Boles

Places in this document

Carnarvon

The Colonial Despatches Team. D'Arcy. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/darcy.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)