Duncan Bay
Duncan Bay was sometimes used as a Royal Navy anchorage near Metlakatla.
It was orignally named for Captain Alexander Duncan in 1834. In 1862, Captain Richards adopted the same name in honour of William Duncan, a missionary who had re-established Metlakatla with First Nations converts the same year.1
Information is not yet available for this place.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Duncan, Alexander

Duncan, William

Richards, George Henry

Places in this document

Metlakatla

The Colonial Despatches Team. Duncan Bay. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/duncan_bay.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)