Duncan Cove
Because of its proximity to Seymour Narrows (which are also referred to in this document) “Duncan Cove” probably refers to what is now called Duncan Bay, on the north end of Campbell River. The name first appeared on a British Admiralty chart circa 1860, chosen by Captain G. H. Richards, after Captain A. Duncan.1
Information is not yet available for this place.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Duncan, Alexander

Richards, George Henry

Places in this document

Seymour Narrows

The Colonial Despatches Team. Duncan Cove. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/duncan_cove.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)