Fort Edmonton
Fort Edmonton was established, in its first of several incarnations, along the Northern Saskatchewan River in 1795 by the HBC.1 The final fort was dismantled in 1915, an area now part of Fort Edmonton Park in southwest Edmonton, Alberta.2
  • 1. Jan Switzer, Fort Edmonton, The Canadian Encyclopedia.
  • 2. Ibid.
Mentions of this place in the documents
Places in this document

Saskatchewan River

The Colonial Despatches Team. Fort Edmonton. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/fort_edmonton.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)