Harewood Coal Mining Company
The Harewood Coal Mining Company, also known as the Harewood Colliery Company, was founded by Horace Douglas Lascelles, son of the third earl of Harewood. The company officially launched in 1864.1 In April 1864, Robert Dunsmuir joined the Harewood Coal Company, although his time in the company was not long lasting as the company had few investments and was soon abandoned due to bankruptcy in 1869.2 The Harewood Coal Company was an important destination for the newly built roads from Nanaimo, transportation was valued for the distribution of coal in and out of the Nanaimo area.3
Mentions of this organization in the documents
People in this document

Dunsmuir, Robert

Lascelles, Horace Douglas

Places in this document