Cranberry River
From this 1865 map by McKay and this 1864 map compiled from John Arrowsmith's documents, it appears that Cranberry River flowed from Cranberry Lake--near present-day Valemount--to the Fraser River at Tete Juan Cache. However, it was renamed “McLennan River” in the 1870s, after a Canadian Pacific surveyor.1 A “Cranberry Creek” still exists in the area, which historically connected Cranberry Lake and Mclennan River.2
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

McKay, Joseph William

The Colonial Despatches Team. Cranberry River. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/cranberry_river.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)