Pemberton
The town of Pemberon is located at the north end of Lillooet Lake. According to BCGNIS, Pemberton was originally referred to as Port Pemberton, named after Surveyor-General Pemberton.1
In this despatch, Douglas states that the only route into Pemberton was a 34 mile horse-way from Anderson Lake that was built in 1858.
  • 1. Pemberton, BC Geographical Names Information System.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Douglas, James

Pemberton, Joseph Despard

Places in this document

Anderson Lake

Lillooet Lake

The Colonial Despatches Team. Pemberton. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/pemberton.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)