Seymour Hill
Seymour Hill, which appears as Mount Seymour on this 1864 map, is named in honour of Sir George Francis Seymour, who was the commander-in-chief of the Royal Navy's Pacific Station from 1844 to 1848.1 Seymour Narrows is also named after Sir George Francis Seymour.2
  • 1. Andrew Scott, The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names (Madeira Park, BC: Harbour Publishing, 2009), 538.
  • 2. Ibid.
Mentions of this place in the documents
People in this document

Seymour, George Francis

Places in this document

Seymour Narrows

The Colonial Despatches Team. Seymour Hill. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/seymour_hill.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)