Tugwell Island
Tugwell Island is just west of Prince Rupert on the northern coast of British Columbia. It was named by Captain George Richards in 1862 when he sailed there on the HMS Hecate.1
  • 1. Andrew Scott, Tugwell Island, The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names.
Mentions of this place in the documents
Vessels in this document

HMS Hecate, 1839-1865

The Colonial Despatches Team. Tugwell Island. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/tugwell_island.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)