Una Point
Una Point is located on the northwest side of Moresby Island, in Haida Gwaii, near the southwest side of Mitchell Inlet. It was named after the New Brunswick-built brigantine Una, which is mentioned in the despatches, mostly in connection with its role in the discovery of gold in Haida Gwaii in the early 1850s. One 1857 despatch notes that a bluff of Green Stone formation is now called Una Point.
Mentions of this place in the documents
The Colonial Despatches Team. Una Point. The Colonial Despatches of Vancouver Island and British Columbia 1846-1871, Edition 2.2, ed. The Colonial Despatches Team. Victoria, B.C.: University of Victoria. https://bcgenesis.uvic.ca/una_point.html.

Last modified: 2020-12-02 13:40:34 -0800 (Wed, 02 Dec 2020) (SVN revision: 5008)